EHCP Refusal to Issue Appeal support package
Steps to success:
- Purchase the appeal package
- You will receive an email within 24hrs requesting all the evidence for your EHCP assessment – on word or pdf documents. This should include the original request and then reports that were sent with the initial request, as well as reports created during the assessment stage. We also require the letter confirming the refusal to issue.
- Once these have been received you will be emailed with a date, within 10 working days that your appeal form will be returned to you completed.
- You will need to acquire a mediation certificate to continue with the appeal. Our findings can also be used during mediation if this is your preferred next step.
- On the date agreed, you will receive the completed appeal form and a supporting evidence document, detailing ALL needs and provisions that have been identified in the reports which evidence that the EHCP needs to be issued in order to support your child.
- You will then either email or post this in to the SENDIST which will start the appeal.
- This package includes email support to yourself and if a call or email negotiations with the SENDIST or LA is required this can be booked through the OD EHCP page at £45 per hour.
- This package does not include face to face advocacy during any hearing, but it will empower you to go it alone, or the documentation can be used by an alternate advocate in your location.